Freelancer.com

Freelance Jobs

Slideshow

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

ShopWiki

So, there’s this new site. Or maybe it’s not new. Anyway, it’s new to me.

It’s a site called ShopWiki UK, and just as the name suggests, it’s a searchable site for stores throughout the UK – more than 30,000, evidently. On a whim, I did a search for “silent film”. I came up with a lot of matches – too many, really, so I narrowed it down to “classic silent film”. That was better, and gave a pretty good variety; not just DVDs, which was what I wanted to find, but also books on the subjects, Kevin Brownlow’s fabulous documentaries, and movie posters.

Then I thought of looking for this. It was a good idea. Only three pages, but if you’re looking for Griffith DVDs, this is a good place to start. It also provides (as mentioned above) other Griffith-related products. If you have a strong urge to buy a poster of The Birth of a Nation, you can find it here. One little gem offered is a DVD containing a Henry B. Walthall double feature – The Avenging Conscience (influenced by the works of Poe) and, appropriately enough, Edgar Allan Poe. I also found some short Christmas films by Griffith on DVD. They even have some movies available on VHS!

If you’re not into that, you can check out the 2009 Women's Summer Style Guide – jewelry, shoes, and clothing. And, for those of you who want to hit the water, they have something for you, too. I think I’ll be searching the little nooks and crannies of this site.

No comments:

Post a Comment