Freelancer.com

Freelance Jobs

Slideshow

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Hill Park Mystery

I saw this Danish movie at Le Giornate del Cinema Muto in Pordenone, Italy, a few years ago. The movie, fortunately, had English titles; not only that, but the names of the characters were also English, as if Copenhagen could be mistaken easily for London.

I love it. It's the same old plot of a reporter getting mixed up in a crime, but in this case, the story is a comedy. Our Hero is no damn good at staying out of trouble, and he's equally inept at keeping a low profile. The comedy really works here, and shows us how funny a movie can be with images rather than words.

I'm glad to be able to inform anyone who's reading this that it's available on DVD:

http://www.edition-filmmuseum.com/product_info.php/info/p29_A-W--Sandberg--Der-goldene-Clown---Zerr-ttete-Nerven.html

For some reason, the link option isn't working here, so I have to post the URL without it.

The other movie on the DVD is one that I haven't seen, but if it has the same standard as The Hill Park Mystery, then I,for one, have no problems owning it. I haven't bought it myself; it's still on my wish list.

If anyone out there does buy it, will you tell me your thoughts on the other movie?

No comments:

Post a Comment