Freelancer.com

Freelance Jobs

Slideshow

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Silents on DVD

I came across a nifty little site for buying DVDs of silent movies. It links together several different sites I'd never heard of, and a few I had, such as Kino International, purveyors of many fine films (but not enough silent movies, folks; sad, but true).

I discovered - joy! joy! joy! - that Hearts of the World can indeed be purchased on DVD! I'd only found it on VHS, on Amazon. This particular gem is available from the French company Bach Films. Be warned, though; their website is all in French, so if you don't speak it, find a friend who can translate for you. I will give you some help here:

Hearts of the World - Les Coeurs du Monde

The Avenging Conscience - La Conscience Vengeresse

Way Down East - A Travers L'Orage

The Shock - La Terre a Tremble

The Penalty - Satan

As far as ordering the DVDs is concerned, I'm afraid you're on your own. Brush up on your French!

The Charles Farrell/Mary Duncan drama The River is also available, from an Austrian company. Drool. Drool.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment