Freelancer.com

Freelance Jobs

Slideshow

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Flicker Alley

Big news!

Flicker Alley has released a John Gilbert double feature on DVD. The two films are Bardelys the Magnificent and Monte Cristo.

I don't know what else is in it; I know that we can count on the good people at Flicker Alley to throw in all kinds of delightful goodies, though. The first film is one I saw last year at the Pordenone festival, and I loved it. One reel was missing, so when it was restored by Lobster Films in France, they used stills to recreate the story during that scene. Bardelys is about a 17th-century Parisian nobleman who finds himself betting an acquaintance that he can "make" a young noblewoman of the country fall in love with and marry him. And that's just the beginning of the story.

I've never seen Monte Cristo, but Gilbert is in it. That's good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment