Freelancer.com

Freelance Jobs

Slideshow

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dream Couples

We know of certain screen pairings. Gilbert and Garbo. Ronald Colman and Vilma Banky. Charles Farrell and Janet Gaynor.

What of actors who never were a screen couple? With no regard to the actors' ability to costar (such as the ages of the parties, one of them having died early in his/her career, etc.), here are some of my dream pairings:

Lillian Gish and Rudolph Valentino. The "Latin lover" and the top film actress of all time. Imagine that!

John Gilbert and Olive Thomas. Olive had a tomboy quality that would have worked very well with Gilbert's strongly masculine presence. The fireworks would probably have caused the set to go up in flames.

Ronald Colman and Greta Garbo. As opposed to the fire-and-ice pairing she had with John Gilbert, I think Ronald would have made a marvelous leading man for her.

Richard Barthelmess and Gloria Swanson. Richard tended to look a bit uptight in some of his roles. I think Gloria might have loosened him up.


I know I'll think of more later. This will be an ongoing theme. One of the ongoing themes, I should say.

No comments:

Post a Comment